I must say this game gave me a lot of fun!
I enjoyed the art style and Baron's quotes a lot. :D
I might be just doing it the bad way, but I think the fuel is used a bit too fast. I just press/hold the up key for a second or 2 and I'm out of fuel in a blink of an eye. Sometimes I have to use it all up to fly higher just a little.
It took me a while to realise how the movement works, even after reading that short info about ascending/descending.
On the 2nd level things are getting pretty tough. I can't make Baron fly further/higher. Also I didn't know I would lose the gold I put into upgrading special skills.
Interesting game! :D
Perhaps it could use some additional sounds/voices made by the characters when doing specific action to add a bit more comedy to this.
This game has some nice potential but still require a lot of work. :)
There are few things that bother me after playing it for few minutes:
- Characters' names are rather hard to read.
- Arnold and Reggie are quite useless in the early game (not sure how it's later). Archer can shoot only 1 arrow for 3 ap and he has still 3 ap remaining. He also doesn't have any melee attack. The mage has at least 1 melee attack but his only offensive spell has 3 rounds of cooldown.
- The area (distance) is often too big. Everyone has to waste at least 1 round on movement before getting a chance to attack.
- This game perhaps could use some kind of chat/text console that would show who attacked with what and what was its effect.
- I don't know what is all that exp for. You could lower the requirements for the 1st level-up to let players know what it gives.
- I haven't seen too many items in the shop that I could buy with the amount of money I earned from my mission. Let's say I got like ~400 gold from the 1st mission. Besides potions and books, the cheapest thing I can buy is worth 2.000 gold. Ok, I don't have to get the best item after just 1 mission, but maybe let me upgrade/change something after 1-2 missions (it'd be like 6 battles)?
A really nice little game.
Beside things already mentioned, just a small thought:
At some point I started wondering on what level I'm currently playing. I had to quit to check out on what level I've stopped playing. Maybe add a level indicator to the pause menu?
Also sometimes it feels a bit laggy, especially in the full screen, but perhaps it's just my poor laptop.
I really enjoyed the art style and sound effects.
I guess I could play it for quite a while on my tablet. :)
The game with its art is pretty good, but there are at least 2 things that have ruined my experience.
1st is that the pictures are not side to side. To see the entire game I had to zoom out, but then I couldn't see the details and had to zoom in again and keep scrolling up and down. Perhaps if the pictures were beside each other, that could be a bit better.
The 2nd thing is that the missing details were sometimes very hard to notice... Or perhaps it's just my eagle eye being lazy. At some point I got very annoyed and started clicking all over the picture to find that 1 missing detail.
Maybe, as it was mentioned earlier, add a possibility to browse through all the pictures to, at least, allow player to have a look at all the art you've created.
Overall I think the game is pretty good! :)
Also a plus for the music. Shame that it's only 1 track, but I think it adds a bit to that "strange-world feeling".
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.